27 Jun Almond Flour Chocolate Vanilla Marble Cake
p>Serves: 12 | Total Time: 70 minutes
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder (or 1/2 teaspoon baking soda)
- 4 large eggs
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup butter (softened)
- 1/2 cup whole milk, plus 3 T
- 1 tablespoons vanilla
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a bread pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat together honey and butter until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating in. Add milk, and cream until incorporated.
- In a seperate bowl, whisk together almond flour, coconut flour, salt, and baking powder. Add dry mixture to the butter mixture 1/2 at a time, beating into a batter.
- Once the batter is mixed and no clumps remain, split the batter evenly between two bowls. Add vanilla to one bowl and cocoa to the other. Beat the vanilla into the vanilla batter and then the cocoa into the chocolate batter.
- Scoop 1/4 cup of the vanilla batter into the pan. Then, scoop in chocolate batter. Alternate between the two batters, until all of the batter is used. Then, run a chop stick or the handle of a spoon through the batter to add some swirls.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the middle. Allow to cook 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve plain, with whipped cream and berries, or smeared with peanut butter for a snack.