04 Jun Slow Cooker Balsamic Chicken
A light and easy crock pot chicken recipe perfect for weeknight dinners! This flavorful chicken recipe is cooked in the crock pot to a tender perfection with vegetables and balsamic vinegar.
Ingredients (4 Servings):
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb baby carrot
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 lb green beans
- fresh parsley, chopped, for garnish
- Pour olive oil and garlic in the bottom of a 6-qt slow cooker. Line the bottom with baby carrots, then place the chicken thighs over the carrots.
- Season the chicken thighs with salt, pepper, garlic powder, basil and vinegar. Top with sliced onion.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 8 hours or high for 4 hours. Add green beans during the last 30 minutes of cooking time.
- Sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley and serve immediately.
Calories: 393, Fat: 14g, Carbs: 29g, Fiber: 8g, Sugar: 15g, Protein: 37g